All about Jes

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Making my first blanket

Have been searching for cloth over the long weekend. Only until yesterday I got some nice cloths. Was very happy with my loots. We went People's Park. We walked and walked and thought couldn’t find any nice cloth. Then it was like a flash when I caught an eye on the Hello Kitty fabric! I didn’t expect to see it there. Haha. I bought 2 yards of it. I also bought satin cloth for my backing and batting to insert in the middle.

Preparing the fabric is tired. Drawing the outline and cutting squares by squares also tough. Very hard to cut nicely, got a lot of frays at the sides of the square but bopian. Sewing on the line is also difficult, when I step onto the machine, it just go very fast and tend to slant abit. I took 5 hrs to prepare and join them together for 5 rows of 9 squares.

Here are the cloths I bought at Toa Payoh. It was ex, Arab street and People's Park cheaper.

My collection of cloth
Half way done.
Close up







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home